Are you looking for software that will help you improve your productivity? Are you looking for a way to improve communication at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more because of the amazing benefits of it. This will help to make sure you invest in the right platform.
Is it a good choice for you? Will you make a smart investment?
We can help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits of SharePoint.
What is SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based platform. It works with Microsoft Office to store and share files. It is a content and document management system.
Organizations can coordinate and communicate in a secure way with the help of SharePoint. You can get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the apps in the menu that you want to use.
- Click on the page you want to create.
- The team site should be selected.
- You can choose the design of your website.
- Correct details will include name and description.
- Click on Finish to finish the setup
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are used as a containing space for your members’ lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner. The users have access to the documents once they click on the library.”
The method of using the document library is perfect.
- The documents can be chosen in the left-vertical pane.
- To add new items, choose new. In the current library folder, you can drag and drop files.
- To open a Microsoft Office file in the app, you have to select it.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time with modern web apps. You still have the ability to stop others from working on the same file at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update and review items.
2. SharePoint Workflows
The set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcomes. They are similar to the automated application that handles the execution of business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates. Consistency and efficiency will be gained from this.
There are different roles
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries with this feature. The recent website is where the scope of search is. The search application processes the query and returns results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages may be included in the search results. Permissions, previous searches and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. You can add words to the search query box and it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host can use it to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the content from the data.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are components in this template that support project management.
- The project summary is for the project.
- There is a task timetable.
- The task list has things listed.
- “There’s a calendar.”
- The document library.
- There are features in the built-in task management.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”